The National Genealogical Society (NGS) will hold its annual conference April 28 through May 1, 2010 in Salt Lake City. The conference, "Follow Your Ancestral Trail," will be held at the downtown Salt Palace Convention Center. Here are the top ten reasons you should attend this event.
1. NGS is a recognized leader in genealogy conferences. They have been providing the genealogical community with first-rate conferences for over 30 years.
2. A dynamite Opening Session, which will feature a never-before-seen video tour of the largest repository of genealogy records in the world–The Granite Mountain Records Vault.
3. The top experts in genealogy will speak on family history related subjects and provide tips for advancing your genealogical skills. There will be lectures for every skill level and interest with 10 tracks during five time slots each day (approximately 50 a day). Anyone interested in learning more about their family history will not be disappointed.
4. Free international workshops that will present hands-on research planning and problem-solving. Each workshop will have dedicated time at the Family History Library for workshop participants to work on personal projects.
5. Free scanning of family records by Ancestry.com. This is a unique opportunity to have your family photos and documents digitized using professional scanning equipment. Each session will last 15 minutes with sign-ups each morning of the conference.
6. Free "Ask an Expert" consultations sponsored by the Utah Genealogical Association. Sign-up during pre-registration and spend 20 minutes discussing your genealogy problem with a professional researcher.
7. The world's largest genealogy library is just a block from the Salt Palace Convention Center. The Family History Library will have extended hours, special events and extra staff available during conference days.
8. An exhibit hall with over 200 vendors representing the leading providers of genealogical products and services, and the new GENTECH Hall, sponsored by FamilySearch, which will feature the latest technology applications for genealogical use. There will also be a demonstration area for presentations and 60 computer terminals for the attendees to use.
9. A chance to network with lots of other genealogists. Some of them may be working in the same geographic areas as you or who may even turn out to be a distant cousin. The daily luncheons and other social activities are the perfect setting for exchanging information.
10. There is no other venue that gives as much value for the price. Those who attend NGS conferences come back year after year. To see what others have gained from previous conferences, watch the conference video at http://www.ngsgenealogy.org/cs/video_conference
This is a can't-miss event for all family historians. For more information about the conference and to register, go to www.ngsgenealogy.org